Hello! A newcomer to St. Stephen's?
You will find several ways to get to know us, our church, and our Lord—and to help us get to know you. Our parish is known for its warm family spirit, its inviting nature, and its beautiful, moving worship.
We invite you to browse our website—
Attend a worship service and speak to one of our greeters—
Join us for refreshments and fellowship afterwards—
Or contact our rector, Father Scott, for a personal meeting.
We hope that you will feel welcome and moved to join our church family. Indeed, with all our diversity of age, race, education, careers, interests, and backgrounds, you and your family should find a comfortable niche within our congregation. It is our vision to know Christ and make Him known. Please join us in this exciting journey through faith and works!
Interested in becoming a Christian?
Greeters extend a warm welcome to visitors!
You can get basic information here, and Father Scott will be happy to meet with you and answer your questions. You may contact him directly, or stop by the church office.
Want to become a member of St. Stephen's?
We are delighted to welcome you, to share our Lord's table with you and yours, and to enfold you in our parish family. You can learn more about membership here, and you can contact Father Scott, who will answer any questions you have. You are also invited to stop by the church office.
Each year we offer classes for those wishing to join, whether new Christians, new Episcopalians, or confirmed Episcopalians moving from another parish. Periodically we also have receptions for newcomers, in which new and prospective members are invited to a Sunday luncheon. This is a great way to meet with our clergy and congregants.
Looking for ways to join in our parish activities?
Interested in the opportunities for service and friendship at St. Stephen's? We offer a range of activities throughout the year. You can find them in the Calendar, in the Upcoming Events, and in our committees, our music and worship ministries — all of which are always happy to take in new members! Our Education, Pastoral Care, and Outreach efforts are also great ways for learning more about our faith, our family, and giving service to others.
Here's a sample list of tasks for which we seek volunteers; some tasks are seasonal, others are perennial or as needed. This list is not exhaustive by any means!
- Nursery aide
- Teacher for Sunday School or Children's Chapel
- Youth advisor
- Vacation Bible School worker
- Sunday fellowship host
- Preparing the worship space and caring for the vestments, vessels, etc. (Altar Guild)
- Ushers, greeters, openers, and closers
- Lights and sound
- Acolytes, chalicers, lay readers
- Chancel or handbell choir, instrumentalist
- Money counters
- Sending cards to the ailing or bereaved
- Transporting the elderly or disabled to services and events
- Prayer chain
- Making prayer shawls
- Contacting and "shepherding" newcomers
- Logistics, set-ups and take-downs
- Visiting the homebound and sick
- Volunteer receptionist at the church office
- Flower arranging
- Collecting and delivering food for the poor
- Handyman projects (painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Care of church grounds (weeding, trimming, etc.)
- Mechanical or plumbing projects
- Planning and organizing events and charitable projects
- Electronic media volunteers
- Food preparation and service
—and many other calls to serve!
Thank you for considering St. Stephen's. We hope you will experience in our parish family the warmth and love of Christ Jesus.